What Is Prayer Ministry?
Prayer is the way we make contact with God. It is simple communication with God. Prayer is one of the most self-revealing acts of a human being. It is crying out to God and pouring our soul out to him. Through prayer, we let God know what we need. More importantly, prayer is listening to God. It serves as a way to hear the voice of God in our lives. The Bible teaches that we are to pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances (I Thessalonians 5:17).
What is meant by the word “ministry”?
The word “ministry” means service. Christian servants are people who put themselves at God’s disposal for the benefit of others. In the Bible, ministry is an activity for which God is able to say, “It is good” (Genesis 1:31). Ministry has significance to God when it is done in faith, hope, and love (I Corinthians 3:9-15; 13:13; I Thessalonians 1:3).
Praying with others
There are several reasons why we pray together at Community Baptist.
- God hears and responds to the cries of needy people when they come together for the purpose of prayer (Psalm 88:1-2; 130:1-2; Matthew 7:7-8).
- When we pray together, we join Jesus in his prayer for the people of God (John 15:7, 14:13; 17:1-26).
- Prayer is the most direct way to know God (Ephesians 1:15-23).
- When we pray together, we help one another to pray better (Ephesians 4:1-6).
- Praying together is a way to love and serve one another (Ephesians 5:18).
- Prayer is a primary way to be in touch with the work God is doing in people’s lives through his Holy Spirit (Ephesians 6:18; Romans 8:26).
Why do we pray for people in this way?
At Community Baptist we pray for others because we are commanded by the Word of God to do so and because we believe we are encouraged to seek God’s blessings. These blessings are available to us through prayer ministry, which serves as a primary channel for God’s work of healing, encouragement, and restoration.
How will I experience “prayer ministry” at Community Baptist?
“Prayer Ministry” typically occurs during Community Group meetings. The basic intent of this time is to provide an opportunity for anyone to receive prayer and to pray for those who are in need.
Life is difficult as times and we all need prayer. At Community Baptist, we take your request very seriously and we will be praying for you.