Music has the power to create moods, change atmospheres and move people to action. Does God desire for music to be a major part of our worship? We believe He does!
• Music is a means of praise and worship – Psalm 150; Revelation 5:8-10
• Music is a valuable teaching tool – Colossians 3:16
• Music is a vehicle for Christian service – Psalm 100:1-2
• Music is an effective way to express our faith in Christ – Acts 16:25-30
• Music can be a source of comfort and encouragement – I Samuel 16:23
In our worship services you will experience a variety of musical styles and instruments. All of our songs are carefully chosen, insuring that they are biblically accurate and will encourage believers in their faith. Words and phrases that would describe our music are: biblical, worshipful, energetic, spiritual, inspirational, and full of life!
While we respect and sing the hymns and spiritual songs that have stood the test of time, we believe the Bible teaches that praise and worship of God should also include new songs. Psalm 149:1 says “Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.”
Because our worship service is focused on corporate worship, the emphasis of our Music Ministry is congregational singing. We occasionally have solos, groups, etc., as long as the music reinforces biblical themes.
The goal of our Music Ministry is to glorify God and minister to the spirit of individuals.